Raw Food Falafels
Ingredients:
- 3 cups Sprouted Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas, I used 2 big cups)
- 1 cup Chopped Onion (used ½ really big onion)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Sunflower Seeds, ground to a powder
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Parsley
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp fresh coriander/cilantro
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Nama Shoyu ( I did not have this, so just did not add it)
Method:
- In a large bowl, add the ground sunflower seeds, flax seeds, ground cumin.
- In your food processor, finely chop the 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add the sprouted garbanzo beans in food processor with garlic. Process until a mash is achieved. Remove to bowl with sunflower seeds.
- Chop onion in food processor, pulsing until a very fine chop in achieved. Place in bowl with garbanzo bean mixture.
- Chop parsley and cilantro and add along with remaining ingredients to the chickpea mixture. Combine well.
- Shape into golf sized balls and dehydrate, beginning at 140 degrees for 1 hour and then reducing heat to 116 for 4 to 6 hours. They should be crispy on the outside but still a little soft on the inside. ( I did not use the dehydrater since I don't have one! They were still good raw)
recipe and image: novicehousewife

0 Comments