Raw Food Spicy Thai Salad
Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Tamari (tamari is a gluten free soy sauce) or regular soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs finely minced ginger (I peeled fresh ginger and used this hand held food processor to mince – You can also do it by hand but I find this process much faster and easier!)
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs Almond Butter
- 2 Tbs Hoisin sauce
(I like this brand best, you can usually find it in the Asian section at your grocery store)
- 1 Tbs Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Spicy Chili Oil (optional but I had it on hand and knew it would make a great addition!)
- 1 tsp Sriracha or more if you like it spicy!
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 dash of stevia to taste – also a dollop of honey or maple syrup could work
- 3 chopped green onions, green and white parts
- 2 Tbs chopped chives (optional but use ’em if you got ’em!)
- red & orange bell peppers cut into strips
- Cruciferous Crunch kale salad from Trader Joe’s. You could also use shredded cabbage + shredded kale if you can’t find the mix in your area.
- broccoli slaw, also from Trader Joe’s
- shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1.5 cups frozen edamame, thawed
- Thai Lime & Chili Cashews – roughly chopped, also from TJ’s
- 2 Tbs chopped chives as garnish – again this is optional but highly recommended since it gives great flavor!
Method:
- In a small mason jar with lid add tamari, vinegar, minced ginger, almond butter, stevia, olive oil, hoisin sauce, toasted sesame oil, chili oil, sriracha, sea salt, chopped green onions, and chives. . Secure the lid and shake vigorously. Set aside. (I doubled the recipe so I would have lots of leftover dressing. I am obsessed with this stuff and love it on salads, over quinoa, as a veggie dip, or as a chicken/fish marinade!)
- Next, place all your chopped veggies with enough dressing to coat into a large plastic bag, seal, and shake vigorously until well incorporated. Adjust amount of dressing as needed.
- Garnish with chopped chives and thai chili lime cashews.
- Pour into bowls or onto plates and enjoy.
recipe and image: lindawagner

0 Comments